Friday, March 13, 2015

Remake by Ilima Todd

I was privileged to read and review this book before it came out in October 2014. I left my reviews on Amazon and Goodreads, but now that I have this new blog, I knew it NEEDED to be on here.

I tell everyone about this novel. It's different, it's beautiful, and I'm so in love with it. 

Remake is a YA Dystopian Romance. Actually, I'm not positive that it's "classified" as a romance, but I totally would call it one. And the coolest part about this book is how it's a dystopian and also a Christian novel. I love the mix of theses two genres that bring out this wonderful story about how important families are. 

Here's the blurb:

Nine is the ninth female born in her batch of ten females and ten males. By design, her life in Freedom Providence is without complications or consequences. However, such freedom comes with a price. The Prime Maker is determined to keep that price a secret from the new batches of citizens born, nurtured, and raised androgynously. 

But Nine isn't like every other batcher. She harbors indecision and worries about her upcoming Remake Day--her seventeenth birthday, the age when batchers fly to the Remake facility and have the freedom to choose who and what they'll be.

When nine discovers the truth about life outside of Freedom Province, including the secret plan of the Prime Maker, she is pulled between two worlds and two lives. Her decisions will test her courage, her heart, and her beliefs. Who can she trust? Who does she love? And most importantly, who will she decide to be?


Beautiful cover too.

Nine's world is different and seems to have all the freedoms anyone in the world could possibly want, but in order to do that, they give up having a family. No one has children. The children are instead made up in batches.

The characters had me with every word and moment. They are lifelike and lovable. Theron is actually my favorite character, and I can't wait until the next novel comes out--hopefully with more of him in it!  :)

The antagonists are complex, and the pages grab you, "Don't put me down. Read me. You don't need sleep...or to go to the bathroom...or food..." Yeah, it's a good thing I read this on a Sunday when my husband was home or I probably wouldn't have eaten anything (Plus, he focused on my toddler so I could read. He's so awesome). I could not put this one down. 

I'd much rather read this book than eat chocolate. Loved, loved, loved it!

Rynn


2 comments:

  1. We just barely finished making the book trailer for Remake! Here is the link... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9loevy-pQI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This book trailer is amazing! Everyone should watch it! I've already posted it on my FB account. :)

      Delete